Your dentist, Dr. Robert H. Watson, designed your new dental crown from durable materials like porcelain, gold, or base metal alloys. While these artificial materials are not susceptible to tooth decay, your crown will still need regular attention in your daily oral hygiene routine. Long-term complications resulting from chronic gum disease can still pose a significant threat to the longevity... read more »
- National Gum Care Month Is a Good Reminder for You To Prevent Gum Disease
- Recognize National Fresh Breath Day With Fresh Breath!
- Dental Implants Are a Solution to Replacing Lost Teeth
- Bad Habits to Avoid If You Want Healthy Teeth and Gums
- Your Toothbrush Has Come a Long Way to Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
A dental crown in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a nearly perfect replica of the enamel layer of a tooth. If residual food particles and plaque are not cleaned away from the crown, they will harden into tartar, which promotes gum disease and tooth decay. The advanced form of gum disease, known as periodontitis, can cause your gums to recede from... read more »