Your dentist, Dr. Robert H. Watson, designed your new dental crown from durable materials like porcelain, gold, or base metal alloys. While these artificial materials are not susceptible to tooth decay, your crown will still need regular attention in your daily oral hygiene routine. Long-term complications resulting from chronic gum disease can still pose a significant threat to the longevity... read more »
- Protect Your Family’s Smiles During Spooky Season!
- September Is National Gum Care Month. Do You Know How To Protect Your Gums for a Healthier Smile?
- Celebrate National Fresh Breath Day With These Breath Enhancing Tips!
- What Happens to Your Health and Smile When Putting Off Your Biannual Dental Cleanings and Exams?
- Smile With Us on National Smile Power Day on June 15th!
A dental crown in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a nearly perfect replica of the enamel layer of a tooth. If residual food particles and plaque are not cleaned away from the crown, they will harden into tartar, which promotes gum disease and tooth decay. The advanced form of gum disease, known as periodontitis, can cause your gums to recede from... read more »
Jaw pain is a common problem in the world today, but that doesn’t mean it should be overlooked. Whether you believe it or not, your jaw pain could be related to your oral health, and our dental team is here to help you pinpoint the problem as well as treat it as soon as possible. So, if you ever experience... read more »
Most people are happy to brush their teeth diligently because they can see the results in their pearly whites. And brushing your teeth is vital to preventing tooth decay and gum disease. But often people don’t think about how flossing helps prevent gum disease as well! Gum disease, in its early stages is called gingivitis. It is an inflammation of... read more »